Saturday, September 6, 2008

on love and marriage

Got this sms from bog ahehehe Nathaniel pala. It made me smile, think and wish it will never happen to me (the compromise) here it is:

One day, Plato asked his teacher "what is love? How can I find it?" His teacher answered, "There is a vast wheat field in front. Walk forward without turning back, and if you find the most magnificent stalk, then you found love."

Plato returned empty handed. His teacher asked "Why did you not pick any stalk?" Plato answered, "because I could only pic once, and yet I could not turn back. I did found d most magnificent stalk, but did not know if there were any better ones ahead, so I did not pick it. As I walked further the stalks were not as good as the earlier one. So I did not pick any in the end". His teacher said, "and that is love!"

Plato asked his teacher again. "what is marriage? How can I find it?" His teacher answered, "there is a forest in front. Walk forward without turning back and chop down only one tree. If you find the tallest tree, then you have found marriage."

Plato walked forward and before long he returned with a tree. The tree was not tall. It was only an ordinary tree. His teacher asked "why did you chop down such an ordinary tree?" Plato answered "because of my previous experience. I had walked thru the field but returned with empty hands. This time, I saw this tree, and felt that it was not bad, so I chopped it down and brought it back. I did not want to miss the opportunity." His teacher then said "and this is marriage. You see, love is the most beautiful thing to happen to a person, it's an opportunity but you don't realize its worth when you have it but only when it's gone like the fields or stalk. Marriage is like the tree you chopped, it's a compromise."

No comments: